For Immediate Release
Recognizing hard working Ontario goat farmers
Ontario Goat introduces a new industry award
October 13, 2011 - GUELPH, Ont. – The International Goat Symposium banquet will be the stage for the first annual “Goat Farmer of the Year” award. Ontario Goat is delighted to introduce an award to recognize the hard working farmers in the goat industry.
An independent panel of judges will review all nominations and the winner will be announced at the Ontario Goat Industry Celebration banquet as part of the International Goat Symposium on
November 3, 2011.
To recommend a deserving farmer for this award, please see www.goatsymposium.com for a nomination form. This prestigious award will be bestowed upon the goat farmer who best exemplifies the spirit for which this award was created. The criteria for this award will be based on, but not limited to, the farmer who typifies the following:
• A demonstrated passion for the goat industry
• Excellent management skills (animal husbandry, record-keeping, etc.)
• An innovator in the industry through adoption of new techniques, practices and approaches
• Involvement with the goat industry youth
• A goat industry advocate and ambassador who participates in various goat industry events
• Breeds and raises quality goats (meat, milk or fibre)
• Is a member in good standing with Ontario Goat
All nomination forms must be received by Ontario Goat no later than October 24, 2011.
The 2011 International Goat Symposium will be held at the Orangeville Fairgrounds in Orangeville, Ontario from November 2-3 and in Toronto at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair from November 4-6. Early bird registration for the IGS is open until October 17, 2011. Be sure to register early in order to take advantage of great price savings.
For more details on the full program and registration information please visit www.goatsymposium.com
For More Information Contact:
Kendra Keels, Industry Development Manager